By Gail McDonald
- Illustrates the creative and social weather within the united states in this period.
- Juxtaposes dialogue of historical past, pop culture, literature and different artwork varieties in ways in which foster dialogue, wondering, and persisted study.
- An appendix lists suitable basic and secondary works, together with websites.
- An excellent complement to fundamental texts taught in American literature courses.
Read Online or Download American Literature and Culture 1900-1960: An Introduction (Wiley Blackwell Introductions to Literature) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
This set includes forty volumes masking 19th and 20th century ecu and American authors. those volumes may be on hand as a whole set, mini boxed units (by topic) or as person volumes. This moment set compliments the 1st sixty eight quantity set of serious background released through Routledge in October 1995.
This booklet examines the improvement of literary buildings of Irish-American id from the mid-nineteenth century arrival of the Famine iteration in the course of the nice melancholy. It is going past an research of unfavourable Irish stereotypes and exhibits how Irish characters turned the location of severe cultural debate relating to American identification, with a few writers imagining Irishness to be the antithesis of Americanness, yet others suggesting Irishness to be a route to Americanization.
Degree Thesis from the 12 months 2007 within the topic English - Literature, Works, grade: 3,5, The Karkonosze nation better institution in Jelenia Góra (Kolegium Karkonoskie), direction: overseas Languages - fable Literature, language: English, summary: This paper is an try to talk about and examine the motion picture variation of C.
Proust and the humanities brings jointly professional Proustians and popular interdisciplinary students in a huge reconsideration of the novelist's relation to the humanities. Going past the vintage query of the types utilized by Proust for his fictional artists, the essays amassed the following discover how he realized from and built-in, in hugely own methods, the paintings of such creators as Wagner or Carpaccio.
- Reading Buchi Emecheta: Cross-Cultural Conversations (Contributions to the Study of World Literature)
- Different Genres and Literary Elements in Jeanette Wintersons 'The Passion'
- Nature Writing: The Pastoral Impulse in America (Genres in Context)
- Unfastened: Globality and Asian North American Narratives
- Lyrics of the Hearthside
- Latin American Women and the Literature of Madness: Narratives at the Crossroads of Gender, Politics and the Mind
Extra info for American Literature and Culture 1900-1960: An Introduction (Wiley Blackwell Introductions to Literature)
American Literature and Culture 1900-1960: An Introduction (Wiley Blackwell Introductions to Literature) by Gail McDonald